Refundable Security Deposit
- The deposit is fully refunded if the scanner is returned to YOUCANIC.
- Refunds are processed every 24 hours but may take 2 to 4 days to show on your bank account.
- We refund 100% of the security deposit as long as the scanner is not damaged by the customer during usage. For example, by dropping the scanner or spilling liquid on the device.
- Refunds can only be processed back to the original payment method.
1. GENERAL. This Agreement is between Bohotina LLC (YOUCANIC) and the customer. Bohotina LLC will provide the Equipment "as is" and in good working condition during the rental period (the "Rental Period") and according to the rental subtotal price identified (" Rental Price"). CUSTOMER agrees to return the Equipment before the expiration of the Rental Period or to pay the additional rental fees described.
(a) CUSTOMER will inspect the Equipment to confirm that it is in good condition, without defects, and is suitable for the intended use;
(b) CUSTOMER has received all information requested regarding the operation of the Equipment;
(c) Bohotina LLC is not responsible for providing operator or other training unless requested by CUSTOMER;
(d) CUSTOMER will use the Equipment for its customary purpose, in compliance with all operating and safety instructions, and immediately discontinue use of the Equipment if it becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair;
(e) The Equipment will be kept in a secure location;
(f) CUSTOMER will maintain possession of the Equipment and will not sublease or sell the Equipment or assign this Agreement;
(g) CUSTOMER will keep the Equipment free and clear of all liens, charges and encumbrances;
(h) CUSTOMER will use the Equipment in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
(i) CUSTOMER will not alter or cover up any decal or insignia on the Equipment or remove any operational or safety instructions;
(j) CUSTOMER will not aid in the vandalism or theft of the Equipment;
(k) CUSTOMER will not rent the Equipment upon the basis of false or misleading information;
(l) CUSTOMER will not operate the Equipment while intoxicated or under the influence of any substance that impairs CUSTOMER's ability;
(m) CUSTOMER will not use the Equipment in a negligent, illegal, unauthorized or abusive manner or in any publication; and
(n) CUSTOMER will not remove, operate, or utilize the Equipment outside of the United States, Canada or Guam.
IV. Telematics. The Equipment may be equipped with a telematics device that enables The Bohotina LLC or its fleet management provider to monitor the use and location of the Equipment. The telematics device collects the Equipment's location (determined by GPS systems), fuel consumption, mileage, and systems status information. The Bohotina LLC may use the information for various purposes, including, but not limited to: (i) locating lost or stolen Equipment; (ii) analyzing and improving The Bohotina LLC 's rental program; (iii) enforcing the terms of this Agreement; or (iv) providing CUSTOMER with support, assistance, or services. The Bohotina LLC may share information collected with companies performing services for The Bohotina LLC , and as deemed necessary by The Bohotina LLC , (A) to comply with legal process or a request from a governmental entity, and (B) to protect The Bohotina LLC 's rights and property.
V. Investigations. All CUSTOMERs will promptly complete incident reports, deliver to The Bohotina LLC a copy of all related documents, and fully cooperate with The Bohotina LLC 's investigation of any vandalism, theft, accident, claim or lawsuit involving the Equipment. This obligation to cooperate does not create a duty of defense by The Bohotina LLC .
(b) Damage Protection. Damage protection is an optional service offered by The Bohotina LLC that, if selected, modifies this Agreement to relieve CUSTOMER of repair charges, replacement charges, and Administrative Charges if the Equipment is damaged during normal use during the Rental Period (" Damage Protection"). In the event CUSTOMER elects Damage Protection services, the charge for Damage Protection is 15% of the Rental Price and will appear as a separate line-item on the Agreement and on the invoice. CUSTOMER must accept or decline the Damage Protection. Damage Protection is not insurance and The Bohotina LLC may profit from its Damage Protection. Damage Protection does not cover loss of or damage to the tools and large equipment caused by theft, abuse, or intentional acts. CUSTOMER expressly acknowledges and agrees that CUSTOMER will be responsible for all loss or damage.
(c) Repairs. In the event CUSTOMER does not elect to purchase Damage Protection, CUSTOMER agrees that an estimated "Repair Cost" will be charged for tools and large equipment that is returned with damage due to abuse, misuse, neglect, or intentional acts. The Repair Cost will not exceed the fair market value of the tool or large equipment and applicable fees. CUSTOMER acknowledges and agrees to pay the Repair Cost and authorizes The Bohotina LLC to charge the Repair Cost to the CUSTOMER Card. All maintenance or repairs must be performed by The Bohotina LLC .
(b) Repairs. In the event CUSTOMER does not elect to purchase Damage Protection, CUSTOMER will not repair or replace any part of the Vehicle or otherwise alter the Vehicle without the prior written consent of The Bohotina LLC . If consent is not obtained, CUSTOMER will pay for all unauthorized repairs, replacement parts, and the cost of restoring any unauthorized alterations.
8. DEFAULT AND REMEDIES. (a) Failure to Extend Rental Period: To extend the Rental Period, CUSTOMER must obtain The Bohotina LLC 's written approval prior to the expiration of such Rental Period. Should CUSTOMER fail to return the Equipment prior to the expiration of the Rental Period or fail to return the Equipment in as good order and condition as when received, CUSTOMER will be in default of this Agreement. In addition to remedies set forth in Section 3 (III), if the Equipment is not returned prior to the expiration of the Rental Period, CUSTOMER will be charged an additional rental fee in the amount identified on page 1 on a daily recurring basis (" Additional Rental Fees") until the first to occur of the following: (i) the Equipment is returned; ( ii) The Bohotina LLC has received funds in the amount of the value of the Equipment based upon the condition of the Equipment at the beginning of the Rental Period ("Present Value"); or (iii) the 30th day after the Rental Period expires.
(b) Breach of Terms and Conditions . In the event that The Bohotina LLC determines CUSTOMER has violated any term or condition of this Agreement, The Bohotina LLC may take all action necessary to secure either: (i) the return of the Equipment; or (ii) funds equal to the Present Value. In the event The Bohotina LLC must take actions pursuant to this Section 8(b) or Section 3(III), CUSTOMER will reimburse The Bohotina LLC for all costs incurred including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees. CUSTOMER expressly agrees and hereby authorizes The Bohotina LLC to charge to the CUSTOMER Card, all amounts shown on Page 1, and all charges subsequently incurred by CUSTOMER under or related to this Agreement, including but not limited to: (A) extension of the Rental Period; (B) any charges incurred in connection with the recovery of the Equipment; (C) any charges incurred for failure to return the Equipment, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEES OR EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT FEES (less any paid additional rental fees). To the extent required by applicable payment card network rules, The Bohotina LLC will obtain CUSTOMER's additional authorization to charge CUSTOMER Card, if applicable, for any insurance costs related to Equipment loss, theft, or damage during the Rental Period.
(d) No Notice. CUSTOMER HEREBY AGREES THAT CUSTOMER IS NOT ENTITLED TO NOTICE OF DEFAULT OR NOTICE OF ANY ACTION OF ENFORCEMENT BY THE Bohotina LLC OTHER THAN WHAT IS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. Should The Bohotina LLC fail to meet any of its obligations under this Agreement, CUSTOMER's only remedy is repair or replacement of the Equipment or a rental charge adjustment at The Bohotina LLC's sole discretion.
10. NOTICES. Bohotina LLC may elect to send any notices to CUSTOMER by any means determined by Bohotina LLC. In particular, if CUSTOMER has provided The Bohotina LLC with an email address or phone number, The Bohotina LLC may send notices to CUSTOMER by email, and such email notice by The Bohotina LLC will be valid notices for purposes of this Agreement.
11. CUSTOMER'S INDEPENDENT STATUS. The relationship between the Parties under the Agreement is that of independent contractors. CUSTOMER is not the agent or authorized representative of The Bohotina LLC for any purpose.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement will be construed by the laws of the State of Maryland.
13. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of the Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable. If any court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but by limiting such provision, it would be valid and enforceable, then such provision will be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between The Bohotina LLC and CUSTOMER. This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.