YOUCANIC UCAN-II Professional Full System Diagnostic Scanner
Why was the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner born?
The mission of YOUCANIC is to help vehicle owners save money by teaching them how to repair their vehicles. As we were tearing down vehicles and using various diagnostic scanners for troubleshooting car problems, we were starting to get frustrated that we had to buy a different scanner for every make. Or by the fact that the first full system scanner that we purchased required us to pay a yearly subscription after the first year.
After testing several scanners, many of which were made by reputable brands like SnapOn, Autel, Launch, and TopDon, we found that these scanners were either too expensive or had one of these issues:
- No bidirectional control/ active test. Users need to buy a more expensive and advanced scanner.
- Subscription Required - The scanner will stop working after a year unless you pay a yearly subscription.
- The scanner was too slow and froze during the diagnosis due to the limited storage.
- There is no built-in battery, so you must turn it off after disconnecting the scanner from the vehicle.
- No touchscreen or one-click WIFI update.
- Lack of tutorials on how to use and diagnose a vehicle.
- No support to help you troubleshoot your car problems.
For these reasons, the YOUCANIC full system scanner with bidirectional support and no yearly subscription was born.
Our mission is to make car ownership affordable and empower you with the knowledge you need to maintain a car. We quickly realized that we could not accomplish this goal without an excellent full-system scanner that didn't nickel and dime you for every feature you needed.
Through numerous testing and research, the YOUCANIC R&D team in Baltimore, Maryland, launched our first full system scanner, allowing us to empower you.
Our professional all-system diagnostic scanner performs fast and accurate diagnoses for all vehicle control modules, including ABS, SRS, engine, transmission, brake system, air suspension, fuel system, lights, and any other system installed on your car, truck, van, or SUV.
Moreover, 30 services reset functions are supported, such as oil reset, EPB reset, and steering angle sensor reset. YOUCANIC scanner can diagnose problems in your car so that you don’t have to spend $150+ at the dealer every time a warning light comes on.
YOUCANIC scanner offers bi-directional support, a function common on professional and dealer-level scanners. Our scanner was designed to give power back to independent mechanics and DIYers.
All Makes - Wide vehicle coverage. Software for all makes is already installed on the device; there is no need to download each make. Works on up to 98% of all cars in the world. No need to pay for each car brand. All major and less-known car brands are supported. No coverage for electric vehicles and Lada in Europe.
- Year Coverage. Model years 1996 to present. No subscription is needed to cover those years. We will provide vehicle coverage up to the model year 2026 as those vehicles come to the market at no additional cost to you. After 2026 your scanner will remain fully functional for vehicles from 1996 to 2026.
- No Subscription- No yearly paid subscription - common with professional-level scanners.
- System Coverage - Read and clear codes from ALL vehicle systems and control modules. Examples include engine, transmission, air suspension, airbag, seat modules, hybrid battery management, Climate Control, Sunroof, ABS, traction control, or any other module that is installed on the car.
- Retrieve ECU information of the tested control units, including unit type, version numbers, part numbers, and other specifications.
- Bidirectional / Active Tests: Equipped with Bi-directional control, the YOUCANIC scanner significantly reduces the diagnostic time and puts the power in your hands. See the examples below.
View Live Data of almost all sensors on the vehicle. Examples include oxygen sensors, throttle position sensors, abs wheel speed sensors, RPMs, gear selector position, convertible micro-switches, switch operation states, hybrid battery cell values, and more. Display graphs or tables.
- 30 Reset Services: Comes with the most commonly used service reset functions.
Featuring bi-directional control, the YOUCANIC scanner can read any ECU data and monitor the operation of the actuators. Through active tests, also called actuator tests, this bi-directional diagnostic scanner can precisely locate car problems, letting you quickly know whether a specific system, component, or subsystem is functioning correctly.
For example: If an air suspension compressor is not working and leads to a lowered vehicle, the YOUCANIC scanner can activate the air suspension compressor to help you raise the vehicle or determine whether there is a problem with the air compressor.
Here are a few examples of active tests which can help you test components, sensors, and switches:
- Test air suspension compressor
- Turn the a/c clutch on and off;
- Switch the interior lights on and off;
- Perform an evaporative emissions leak test
- Activate folding side mirrors, exterior mirrors
- Test adaptive headlamp
Test window regulators and motors.
- Activate the window up or down.
Turn on/off the radiator fan/interior & exterior lights
Operate Mirrors/Fuel Injector Balance/ Injector Buzz Test, Door Lock/Window/Horn/ Light/ Headlamp Test,
and a lot more.
Vehicle Make Coverage
YOUCANIC scanner supports almost 98% of the vehicles on the road today. YOUCANIC scanner has a broader coverage of more than 100 car makes. It supports cars, SUVs, light trucks, and 12V types of diesel.
The applicable vehicle makes include:
- America: Chrysler, Ford, GMC, Dodge, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Lincoln, Buick, Plymouth, Pontiac, RAM, Wrangler, Navigator, Hummer, Saturn, Jeep, Oldsmobile, Mercury.
- Europe: Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Audi, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Citroen, Dacia, Ford EU, Fiat, Ferrari, Jaguar, Lancia, Land Rover, Lamborghini, Maserati, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Porsche, Saab, Samsung, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW.
- Asia: Acura, Daewoo, Daihatsu, Honda, Hyundai, Hyundai_CV, Infiniti, Isuzu, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Proton, Ssang Yong, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota.
- ABS Bleeding: ABS brake bleeding to get a firm brake pad after repairing the ABS pump system.
- Oil Light Reset: reset the Oil Life Reminder (turn off the Oil Service Light) when the replacement of engine oil is done in case of the impurities in oil may damage the engine. So vehicles can recalculate another optimal oil life change interval depending on the vehicle's driving conditions and climate. Your driving safety is also gets ensured.
- Crankshaft/Camshaft Relearn: The crankshaft position sensor (CKP) is a magnetic induction sensor, the function of which is to determine the position of the crankshaft. It will help you know which cylinder piston is at the top dead center to determine the ignition time and detect the crankshaft's rotation angle (engine speed sensor). This function must be done after the engine has replaced the ECU and disassembled or replaced the timing belt assembly and crankshaft position sensor.
- DPF Regeneration: (Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration) lets you perform the forced regen cleaning to clear the blockage through continuous burning of the particulates captured in the D-P-F filter. When a regeneration cycle is completed, the D-P-F light automatically goes off.
- EPB Reset: (Electronic Parking Brake Reset) This function can maintain the electronic braking system safely and effectively. The applications include deactivating and activating the brake control system, assisting with brake fluid control, opening and closing brake pads, setting brakes after disc or pad replacement, and so on.
- Battery Registration: Allows the scan tool to evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current, register the battery replacement, and activate the rest state of the vehicle.
- SAS Calibration: (Steering Angle Sensor Calibration) Steering wheel angle sensor, a vehicle stability control system component, is mainly installed in the direction column below the steering wheel. It helps clear faulty steering angle sensor memories and plays an important role in steering angle sensor calibration.
- Throttle Body Relearn: Throttle matching is to initialize the car's throttle actuators so that the learning value of the ECU returns to the initial state to more accurately control and adjust the throttle (or idle speed motor) action to regulate the intake amount.
- TPMS Reset: (Tire Pressure System Reset ) When the car tire pressure failure indicator light is on, low or leaking tire pressure is, replacement or installation of TPMS equipment, replacement of tires, damage to the tire pressure sensor, etc. need to do TPMS reset after maintenance.TPMS Service: Looks up the tire sensor IDs from the vehicle’s ECU and performs TPMS sensor relearn procedures after tire sensors are replaced.
Free Tech Support
Got car questions? Need to ask a mechanic? Upload pictures of your scanner showing the fault codes and one of our ASE-certified mechanics can help.
Just visit the YOUCANIC Support page to ask questions about the scanner or get help with your car.
Warranty: 1 year
Returns: 30 Day
Share this Product
This is my first bi-directional scan tool that I have owned so I guess I am a novice still and have nothing to compare it to. But I did shop around and from a money stand point some of the other name brand ones were at the minimum 2x as expensive all the way up to $4000 plus. This scan tool does all that I need it to do, from reading and clearing trouble codes, to live data streams and recording. Can test sensors and motors. Can scann all systems in the car. Another great feature that I've noticed was the ability to connect it to a wifi network and be able to look up a fault code and possible causes directly on the internet. The scan tool itself is sturdy and well constructed. Nothing is flimsy. The military grade cover is a nice addition incase of accidental drops. Also the carrying case itself is sturdy and well put together. Keeps everything secure and in its place. The only thing I would suggest is that the connector is a bit short and I wish it was maybe a foot longer. Lastly there are a lot of how to tutorial videos on YouTube. As a beginner I love that the youcanic team has tutorials thar shows you how to do different things. Plus you can even get help with your codes from the YOUCANIC Team by posting the codes on youcanic /support. Other than that, great tool for the money.
I am a professional mechanic. This may be one of the best scanners in this price range and it supports vehicles that many scanners do not such as Volvo, Porsche, BMW, Benz and even Bentley. It supports a wide range of modules that can be scanned for codes as well as the ability to display values and sensor data for the specific module scanned. It isn't the fastest to scan and connect but it is faster than many and the functionality is worth the few seconds wait. It even has bidirectional support for many control units / modules.
One thing I don't like is that if a module doesn't connect or return a signal and that module exists on the vehicle it won't explicitly tell you this which may cause misdiagnosis for some less experienced techs.
The other thing to point out is that if you replace engine control unit or ignition switch, you need to do coding and marry it to the vehicle and key. This scanner will not do that and most scanners don't. We usually have to take the car to the dealer to program the new ECU or keys.
Overall I think this is a steal for money. It doesn't require a yearly subscription which is common for professional level scanners like this. If you own a repair shop, it is a great scanner to use when a car pulls into the bay.
One of my cars is a 2010 Mercedes S400 and have used YOUCANIC in the past.
YOUCANIC sent me a remote diagnostic scanner (for a small fee) and it took less than 2 minutes to hook up. They were able remotely to tell me I needed a new adjustable strut and there were no other problems. I saved a trip to the Mercedes dealership and probably $125-$150 in cost. Also, they recommended the adjustable strut to buy (comes with lifetime warranty). I called the Mercedes dealership and was told the strut cost $1,400 ( no lifetime warranty) and $800 to install. I bought the strut recommend by Youcanic (lifetime warranty) for $475 and paid $300 to install.
The Youcanic remote diagnostic scanner works for any vehicle sold in USA.
I own and maintain myself a Mercedes-Benz cars, a 2014 E-Class and a 2019 Porsche 911. I purchased this thinking that I would be able to utilize the scanner on both cars. It works for both and can read all vehicle systems. 40+ in each car.
All in all the unit is fairly easy to operate with fairly accurate diagnostics capabilities.
You can even get help with your codes by going to youcanic.com/support and the YOUCANIC team usually answers witching a day. You don't get help with your codes from any other scanner maker. Good job YOUCANIC.
This is the 4th scanner I bought trying to find one that works for all my cars. I also didn't want to spend a ton or pay a yearly subscription. This scanner is not cheap, but at the same time it is compared to the competition. All other scanners either don't have software for all makes. This does. They require a paid yearly subscription, this doe not.